Follow this link for a more general list on PhDs in Software Engineering
This page collects all PhD dissertations whose subject is related to software evolution. If you are the author of such a dissertation, or if you aware of such dissertations, please add it to this page.
- Lukas Renggli. Dynamic Language Embedding With Homogeneous Tool Support. University of Bern, October 2010.
- Cathal Boogerd. Focusing Automatic Code Inspections. Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands, January 2010.
- Joerg Rech. Context-sensitive Diagnosis of Quality Defects in Object-Oriented Software System, PhD Thesis, University of Hildesheim, Germany, 2009.
- Selim Ciraci. Graph Based Verification of Software Evolution Requirements, University of Twente, The Netherlands, December 2009.
- Hani Abdeen. Visualizing, Assessing and Re-Modularizing Object-Oriented Architectural Elements, INRIA, University of Lille, 2009.
- Mircea Lungu. Reverse Engineering Software Ecosystems. University of Lugano, Switzerland. October 2009.
- Sebastien Vaucouleur. Upgradable Software Product Customization by Code Query. IT University of Copenhagen, Denmark, October 2009.
- Karl Beecher. Evolution in Free Software Projects: A Multi-Repository Study, University of Lincoln, United Kingdom, September 2009.
- Angela Lozano. Assessing the Effect of Source Code Characteristics on Changeability. The Open University, United Kingdom. August 2009
- Peter Ebraert. A bottom-up approach to program variation . Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium, June 2009
- Ali Mesbah. Analysis and Testing of Ajax-based Single-Page Web Applications. Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands, June 2009.
- Bas Cornelissen. Evaluating Dynamic Analysis Techniques for Program Comprehension. Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands, June 2009.
- Pieter De Leenheer. On Community-based Ontology Evolution. Vrije Universiteit Brussel, May 2009
- Khanh Hoa Dam. Supporting Software Evolution in Agent Systems. RMIT University, Australia, March 2009
- Marco Lormans. Managing Requirements Evolution. Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands, January 2009
- Adrian Lienhard. Dynamic Object Flow Analysis. University of Bern, December 2008.
- Romain Robbes. Of Change and Software. University of Lugano, Switzerland, December 2008
- Muhammad Usman Bhatti. Object Identification and Aspect Mining in Procedural Object-Oriented Code. Université Paris 1, France, November 2008
- Carlos Noguera. A Model-driven tool-set for Developing and Validating Annotation Frameworks. University of Lille, France, November 2008
- Beat Fluri. Change Distilling - Enriching software evolution analysis with fine-grained source code change histories. University of Zurich, Switzerland, October 2008
- Israel Herraiz Tabernero. A statistical examination of the properties and evolution of libre software. Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Madrid, Spain, October 2008
- Jean-Christophe Trigaux. Quality of feature diagram languages: formal evaluation and comparison. Facultés universitaires Notre-Dame de la Paix (FUNDP), Namur, Belgium, September 2008
- Naouel Moha. Decor: Détection et correction des défauts dans les systèmes orientés objet. Université de Montréal et Université des Sciences et Technologie de Lile, France, August 2008
- Marcus Denker. Sub-method Structural and Behavioral Reflection. University of Bern, May 2008
- Bram Adams. Co-evolution of Source Code and the Build System: Impact on the Introduction of AOSD in Legacy Systems. Universiteit Gent, Belgium, May 2008. ISBN 978-90-8578-203-2
- Magiel Bruntink. Renovation of Idiomatic Crosscutting Concerns in Embedded Systems. Technische Universiteit Delft, The Netherlands, March 2008
- Marius Marin. An Integrated System to Manage Crosscutting Concerns in Source Code. Technische Universiteit Delft, The Netherlands, January 2008
- Filip Van Rysselberghe. Studying Historic Change Operations: Techniques and Observations. Universiteit Antwerpen, Belgium, January 2008.
- Dolorès Diaz. Réalisation d'évolutions logicielles sur des applications d'entreprise en phase de maintenance. LIFL, Université Lille 1, France, December 2007 
- Artur Boronat. MOMENT: A formal framework for MOdel manageMENT. Department of Information Systems and Computation, Technical University of Valencia, Spain, December 2007 
- Stephen Cook. Evolution, goals and assumptions in software systems. University of Reading, United Kingdom, November 2007.
- Bas Graaf. Model-driven evolution of software architectures. Technische Universiteit Delft, The Netherlands, November 2007 
- David Shepherd. Natural Language Program Analysis: Combining Natural Language Processing and Program Analysis to Improve Software Maintenance Tools. University of Delaware, USA, August 2007 
- Joel Huselius. Reverse Engineering of Legacy Real-Time Systems: An Automated Approach Based on Execution-Time Recording. Malardalen University, Sweden, June 2007 
- Andy Kellens. Maintaining causality between design regularities and source code. Programming Technology Lab, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium, June 2007 
- Orla Greevy. Enriching Reverse Engineering with Feature Analysis. Software Composition Group, University of Bern, Switzerland, May 2007 
- Michael Fischer. EvoZilla - Longitudinal Evolution Analysis of Large Scale Software Systems. Vienna University of Technology, Austria. May 2007 
- Christian F.J. Lange. Assessing and Improving the Quality of Modeling: A Series of Empirical Studies about the UML. Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands, 2007 
- Jacek Ratzinger. sPACE - Software Project Assessment in the Course of Evolution. Vienna University of Technology, Austria. 2007 
- Thomas Cleenewerck. Modularizing Language Constructs: A Reßective Approach . Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium. 2007 
- Isabel Michiels. A Goal-Driven Approach for Documenting and Verifying Design Invariants . Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium. 2007 
- Andy Zaidman. Scalability Solutions for Program Comprehension through Dynamic Analysis. Universiteit Antwerpen, Belgium. September 2006
- Bart Du Bois. A study of quality improvements by refactoring. Universiteit Antwerpen, Belgium. September 2006
- Andrew Le Gear. Component Reconnexion: Identifying and encapsulating reuseful components in legacy software systems. University of Limerick, Ireland. September 2006.
- Pamela O'Shea. An investigation of Views and abstractions employed by software engineers during software maintenance: An empirically founded set of guidelines for visualization tools supporting comprehension. University of Limerick, Ireland. September 2006.
- Kris De Schutter. Aspect oriented revitalisation of legacy software through logic meta-programming. Universiteit Gent, Belgium. May 2006
- Gregorio Robles. Software Engineering Research on Libre Software: Data Sources, Methodologies and Results. Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Spain. February 2006
- Dirk Deridder. A Concept-Centric Environment for Software Evolution. Vrije Universiteit Brussel, 2006
- Ellen Van Paesschen. Advanced Round-Trip Engineering: An Agile Analysis-Driven Approach for Dynamic Languages. Vrije Universiteit Brussel, 2006
- Holger M. Kienle. Building Reverse Engineering Tools with Software Components. University of Victoria, Canada. November 2006.
- Gabriela Arévalo. High Level Views in Object Oriented Systems using Formal Concept Analysis. Universität Bern, Switzerland, January 2005 
- Nathanael Schärli. Traits: Composing Classes from Behavioral Building Blocks. Universität Bern, Switzerland, February 2005 
- Andrea Capiluppi. Metrics-based study of the evolution of open-source based systems. Politecnico di Torino, Italy, May 2005.
- Martin Pinzger. ArchView - Analyzing Evolutionary Aspects of Complex Software Systems . Technical University of Vienna, Austria, May 2005.
- Johan Brichau. Integrative Composition of Program Generators. Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium, May 2005.
- Matthias Rieger. Effective Clone Detection Without Language Barriers. Universität Bern, Switzerland, June 2005 
- Damien Pollet. Une architecture pour les transformations de modèles et la restructuration de modèles UML. Université de Rennes 1, France, June 2005.
- Ragnhild Van Der Straeten. Inconsistency Management in Model-Driven Engineering. Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium, September 2005 
- Tudor Gîrba. Modeling History to Understand Software Evolution. Universität Bern, Switzerland, November 2005 
- Imed Hammouda. Multidimensional structuring of software systems - Tools and Applications. Tampere University of Technology, Finland, November 2005
- Alexandre Bergel. Classboxes - Controlling Visibility of Class Extensions. Universität Bern, Switzerland, November 2005 
- Olivier Barais. Construire et Maitriser l'Évolution d'une Architecture Logicielle à base de Composants. Université des Sciences et Technologies de Lille, France, December 2005.
- Claudio Riva. View-based Software Architecture Reconstruction. Vienna University of Technology, Austria, October 2004