From ERCIM Working Group BlockchainTechnology
The mission of the ERCIM Blockchain Technology Working Group is to examine the establishment of Blockchain Technology as a field of computer science research in Europe.
- Solidify, nurture and further incubate the fledgling community of European Blockchain technology research already established at ERCIM
- Foster an “interdisciplinary” exchange between European researchers specialised in the various fields that blockchain technology covers (P2P, cryptography, …)
- Establish a roadmap documenting ongoing research and open research questions in the rapidly moving field of blockchain technology
- Organize one or more ERCIM workshops on Blockchain technology to support the dissemination of research results
- Create a community that will be in a position to successfully establish collaborative research projects on a European level
- Develop, analyse and evaluate Blockchain applications, networks and infrastructures
Planned activities are:
- Development of a Blockchain roadmap and research landscape documenting ongoing research and open research questions
- Development a shared blockchain infrastructure between ERCIM members as demonstration and testbed for blockchain applications.
- Development of a Blockchain registry that provides information about running and planned private/public Blockchain networks to enable networking and interoperability initiatives (Q2/2018)
- Discussion and contribution to standardization activities for interoperability issues. (ongoing)